Gephi is a tool for data analysts and scientists keen to explore and understand graphs. Like Photoshop™ but for graph data, the user interacts with the representation, manipulate the structures, shapes and colors to reveal hidden patterns. The goal is to help data analysts to make hypothesis, intuitively discover patterns, isolate structure singularities or faults during data sourcing. It is a complementary tool to traditional statistics, as visual thinking with interactive interfaces is now recognized to facilitate reasoning. This is a software for Exploratory Data Analysis, a paradigm appeared in the Visual Analytics field of research.
- Networks up to 100,000 nodes and 1,000,000 edges
- Iterate through visualization using dynamic filtering
- Rich tools for meaningful graph manipulation
- Force-based algorithms
- Optimize for graph readability
- Betweenness Centrality, Closeness, Diameter, Clustering Coefficient, PageRank
- Community detection (Modularity)
- Random generators
- Shortest path
Networks over time
Gephi is a the forefront of innovation with dynamic graph analysis. Users can visualize how a network evolve over time by manipulating the embedded timeline.
- Import temporal graph with the GEXF file format
- Run metrics over time (clustering coefficient)
- Graph streaming ready
Use ranking or partition data to make meaningful the network representation. Customize colors, size or labels to bring sense to the network representation. The vectorial preview module lets you put the final touch and care about aesthetics before explorting in SVG or PDF.
- Customizable PDF, SVG and PNG export
- Save presets
- Create complex filter query without scripting
- Build new networks from the filtering result
- Save your favorite queries
Data Table and Edition
- Powerful Search/Replace
- Manipulate columns
- Batch-edit, custom column merge and more
Gephi can read the majority of graph file formats but also supports CSV and relational databases import.
- Spreadsheet import wizard
- Database import
- Save/Load project files
The built-in Plugins Center automatically gets the list of plugins available from the Gephi Plugin portal and takes care of all software updates. There are dozens of community-built plugins that extends Gephi's functionalities.