[Gephi-plugins] disable or remove some Graph UI operations

Dan Halbert halbert at halwitz.org
Thu Sep 19 21:05:51 CEST 2013

I would like to disable or remove some operations available in the Gephi GraphTopComponent. For instance, I consider my graph read-only and would like to remove the node and edge pencils. I also want to remove the node color and size reset buttons because I have other ways of accomplishing that. And finally, there are some right-click context menu items that I would like to suppress.

Is there any clean way to remove these operations from the UI? They are all specified as @ServiceProvider(). I wonder if there's some way to remove a service provider.

Short of forking Gephi, the only other way I see of doing this is to walk down the AWT tree and disable or remove components. But that's a pretty horrible option, and is not easy because many of classes I'd like to refer to are not exported publicly from the gephi jars.

Thanks,
Dan