[Gephi-plugins] SHP Exporter Plugin

Roman Seidl roman at granul.at
Wed Apr 10 20:18:38 CEST 2013

Dear Gephi-Developers!

I have depeloped a ESRI-Shapefile exporter. It uses parts of the
Geotools-library.

It exports two Shapefiles: one for the edges, and one for the nodes. The
shapefiles (the respective DBF-Files) contain the columns of the edge
and shape tables. It adds the current width/size and color in gephi to
two additional columns.

The geography is rather simple. The location info is either read from
columns in the node table (I use parts of David Sheppard's ExportToEarth
Exporter to do that) or from a fake geography - that is the current
position of the nodes in the gephi layout.

One can then easily import the two datasets into QGIS or any other
mapping tool and add a symbology. The only drawback of this simple
solution is that in such tools you won't be able to draw arrows or even
more arrows that don't intersect when they go into both directions.

I have since only thought of a converting the "real" layout from gephi -
the outlines of the arrows and so on - to polygons in a SHP to allow for
maximium mapping possibilities.

Does anybody have a different idea on how one could achieve this?

cheers
roman

mail   roman at granul.at
web    http://granul.at