[Gephi-plugins] Announcing the Gephi Marketplace for plugins and pro services

Sébastien Heymann sebastien.heymann at gephi.org
Mon Nov 26 16:30:33 CET 2012

Dear members of the Gephi community,

I am thrilled to announce the opening of the Gephi Marketplace beta test:
https://marketplace.gephi.org/

The Gephi Marketplace is a novel, central place to find everything which is
not directly available in Gephi itself. People can find plugins, but also
professional support, training and other services listed by *you*, the
members of the community. Using this website is free.

For plugins developers
--------------------------------
The Marketplace will replace the current Plugins Center on gephi.org.

*What is new?*
Now you can bundle different versions of your plugins, track downloads, and
create a great web page to promote your work such as:
https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/graph-streaming/

We've also improved the validation system so that the admin folks can give
you feedback directly and validate your plugins faster. Notice that the
distribution system through the Gephi software remains unchanged.

*How to migrate?*
1) Register on the website.
2) Search for your plugin on https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugins/
3a) If your plugin is listed by a temporary author, please reply to this
email and give me your username, so that I can assign the plugin to you.
3b) Otherwise, it means that we lacked of some information like the URL of
the source code. You'll have to list the plugin by yourself here:
https://marketplace.gephi.org/upload-new/

For everybody
---------------------
Services listed on the Gephi Marketplace are any training, consulting,
private development or other services related to Gephi which are provided
by members of the Gephi community. Services are provided on a paid or free
basis by the members.

Everybody is allowed to list what he can offer to other members of the
community. During the last year I've seen a growing interest from private
companies and academics to buy professional support and services in using
Gephi, or in coding specific features for their business. So the Gephi
Consortium decided to develop the Gephi Marketplace in order to support the
growth of the community, and to provide a distributed solution to the
market demand.

You can list your own services here:
https://marketplace.gephi.org/upload-new/

Create a page per service, or one page for all of your services like mine:
https://marketplace.gephi.org/service/sebastien-heymann/

Roadmap
--------------
The Marketplace will stay in beta until January 2nd. We need your feedback
during this period to improve the website for your needs and to fix bugs.
Gephi.org/plugins will remain the official plugins source until we leave
the beta.

More info on the FAQ: https://marketplace.gephi.org/faq/

Finally, I'd like to thank Guillaume Ceccarelli<https://www.linkedin.com/in/gceccarelli>who coded the platform with high standards in mind. Guillaume is also our
sysadmin, and he takes care of our web server and our security. He's doing
an amazing good job at it.

See you on the Marketplace!

--
Sébastien Heymann