[Gephi-plugins] [gephi-dev] Gephi Plugins easier to develop

André Panisson panisson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:50:34 CET 2012

Hello Mathieu,

I'm really appreciating the new plugin development process, it is now much
faster and easier to implement plugins.
It is more IDE-agnostic, and I was able to build, run and even debug my
plugins using Eclipse! :)
The progress is big, but I have some suggestions that might improve it.
For example, using the previous development process, it was a bit easier to
navigate the source code using ctrl+click, find and see javadocs for all
Gephi classes, and it was also easier to debug the application.
Do you have any tips on how to easily navigate/debug the Gephi sources
using the new process? Is it possible, for example, when
navigating/debugging a netbeans project, add a reference to the source code
of another project? I was able to do it using Eclipse, but I have no clue
about how to do it using Netbeans.

Thanks,
André

André Panisson, Ph.D. Studentpanisson at di.unito.it

Dipartimento di Informatica - Universita' di Torino
Corso Svizzera,  185
10149, Torino, Italy

tel. (++39.)011.6706833
fax. (++39.)011.751603http://www.di.unito.it/~panisson