[Gephi-plugins] Gephi 0.8beta test this week

Sébastien Heymann sebastien.heymann at gephi.org
Sun Sep 25 21:03:01 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

Thank you again for contributing to Gephi!
You receive this email because you asked to be part of the Beta
Testing team of Gephi, you are a developer or you are a translator.
Please tell me if you don't want to receive this kind of email
anymore.

We are in Code+Translation Freeze stage. That mean, unless we should
fix a bug or a translation, we won't add new stuff until the release
next weekend. Hurrah!

_DOWNLOAD PRE-RELEASE_
You can check the bugs and translations now by downloading a
pre-release of Gephi at this address:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/916968/gephi_translations_test.zip

Just unzip it, go to bin/ and execute "gephi.exe" or "gephi" if you're
on Linux or MacOS.
We have just integrated the Japanese and Portuguese (Brazilian) translation.

_WHAT TO DO_
If you find a bug, please report it by email to
mathieu.bastian at gephi.org (do not use Launchpad)
If a translation is incorrect, please fix it using Transifex if you
can, or contact the coordinator of the language:
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/gephi/teams/

In particular, please test these new features:
- dynamic metrics and ranking
- the new Preview
- K-core filter
- Inter and Intra partition filter

_PLUGINS_
If you maintain a plugin, please check if it runs properly. Otherwise
please update it on http://gephi.org/plugins/
To update a plugin, follow these instructions:
http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/HowTo_update_a_Plugin

_LICENSING_
We change the license of Gephi due to a referendum:
http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1099
This release will be in dual license CDDL + GNU GPLv3. Please read
this link to understand the implications.

The final release will be made next Friday, and announced Monday 3
October as set in the roadmap:
http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Development_-_0.8beta

Cheers,
Sébastien Heymann