[Gephi-plugins] Python console

Thomas Aynaud taynaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:09:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have written a plugin that adds a python console to gephi (it aims
to add some GUESS functionnality). Thanks to jython the main
documentation is toolkit documentation, just thinking in python (do
not declare type, null -> None, remove ; etc.). The limits of the
scripts are what is imported, and thus almost everything should be
doable.  User may use less tested parts of the toolkit or of the gephi
code but it may allow to discover many hidden bugs and will result in
a very nice tool.

It comes also with a small python API to handle some basic graph
operations that hides some painfull manipulation (dealing with models
for instance). The python API allows only a few operation and is not
great. It is now limited to graph manipulation, basic import/export,
layouting and attributes computation.

Documentation and examples: http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Script_plugin

nbm: http://perso.crans.org/aynaud/software/org-gephi-scriptconsole.nbm
sources: http://perso.crans.org/aynaud/software/sources.zip

These are temporary.  I use this because the gephi website does not
like my plugin (I am sure Sébastien is working on it !).

I will not add many thing myself to the plugin for the moment, but
would be pleased to answer any questions about it.

Best regards,

--
Thomas