[Gephi-plugins] Compilation of plugins

Mathieu Bastian mathieu.bastian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 05:59:02 CET 2010

Hi,

- I would like to compile my plugins with different versions of gephi
> (typically, the last source version and the last downloadable version). To
> do it, the only way I see currently would be to have, for each version of
> gephi I want to deliver my plugin, the sources checkout of the gephi
> version. Is this correct?

Yes, that is the correct way, but you have only to do that if the APIs
changed between one version and another. Typically if the modules you are
depending on didn't remove/rename some methods you were using, you don't
need to release several versions, regardless if the specification version of
those modules were incremented.

> - Is there any way to compile a plugin whithout having the sources of gephi
> (only the jars)?

Yes there might be a way to do that, as only the JARs which your module
depends are necessary to build a plug-in. The JARs are either Netbeans
modules or Gephi modules. The answer if probably hidden in the Netbeans
Platform ANT code.

Mathieu