[Gephi-plugins] Circular Layout Plugin

Matt Groeninger mgroeninger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:27:07 CET 2010

Hi All,

  I took a little time to fiddle with Launchpad. so I have a branch for my
plugin:

https://code.launchpad.net/~mgroeninger/gephi/circularlayout

I also went ahead and temporarily hosted a nbm file on my personal site:

http://theledge.net/uploads/org-gephi-layout-plugin-circularlayout.nbm

The plugin has two layout plugins (from the user perspective)

Circular Layout

Dual Circle Layout

Examples (low quality, using Les Miserables data):

http://theledge.net/uploads/circle.jpg

http://theledge.net/uploads/circle-2.jpg

http://theledge.net/uploads/dualcircle.jpg

http://theledge.net/uploads/dualcircle-2.jpg

http://theledge.net/uploads/dualcircle-3.jpg

I'm not a java developer, so any feedback would be great.

I will probably fiddle a bit with UI and access to node attributes before I
look at implementing any position optimizing algorithms.  If anyone has
anything they would love to see, please let me know.

Of course, if I broke any coding standards I am happy to fix it.  I have not
included a license at this point, since the post in the forums indicates the
license is up in the air (and I favor the BSD, but don't care too much at
this point).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for changes,

Matt