[Gephi-plugins] Plugin for realtime graph generation based on web browsing

T B phreakocious at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:29:19 CET 2010

Gephi devs,

The idea is to stream data about your web browsing directly into Gephi in
real-time.

After successfully proving out the concept with a Perl script and the
Streaming plugin, I'm trying to implement it in Java.  I've embedded
LittleProxy (http://www.littleshoot.org/littleproxy/) and extended a few
classes to collect the necessary data and now need to create the appropriate
nodes/edges on the graph.

Currently trying to do this as a Generator, but running into some problems.
Because this would run indefinitely in the background, the controlling
thread that updates the graph needs to be around whenever new updates are
available, but this doesn't seem to be the way that the Generator class
works.  Does it make more sense to do this as an Import?

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have as I'm really close to having
this done!

Thanks!